Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

lifestyles

February 17, 2019
Faith: God shows how much He loves us
February 17, 2019 - 8:30am
February 15, 2019
Pages from the Past - Feb. 15, 2019
February 15, 2019 - 3:30am
February 14, 2019
Looking Back - Feb. 14, 2019
February 14, 2019 - 3:30am
February 13, 2019
Detail from Portrait of Antoine Parmentier - (1737-1813). By François Dumont [Public domain].
Grim's Grub: The story of Parmentier's potato ruse
February 13, 2019 - 10:00am
February 10, 2019
Faith: It's winter - rejoice!
February 10, 2019 - 5:30am
February 8, 2019
Looking Back - Feb. 8, 2019
February 8, 2019 - 3:30am
February 3, 2019
Faith: The sign at Cana
February 3, 2019 - 7:30am
February 1, 2019
Looking Back - Jan. 31, 2019
February 1, 2019 - 3:30am
January 31, 2019
Pages from the Past - Jan. 31, 2019
January 31, 2019 - 3:30am
January 27, 2019
Faith: No skirt(ing)
January 27, 2019 - 7:30am
January 25, 2019
Pheiffer's Pharmacy (left) and Dr. Eyres clinic and residence on the corner of Government Drive and Main Street. Dr. Eyres moved to town in June of 1939 and remained until 1947. Many Pequot Lakes residents were born in his clinic. Source: Project Centennial 1894-1994 - by the Pequot Lakes High School Social Studies class of 1994.
Looking Back - Jan. 24, 2019
January 25, 2019 - 3:30am
January 20, 2019
Faith: Encouragement for a discouraged world
January 20, 2019 - 8:30am
January 18, 2019
Oldest know picture of the city of Pequot Lakes, circa 1895, looking north along Front Street. The second building on left is listed as Thurlow's store. Old blacksmith shop on right may have been the second school in town, prior to the building of the first two-story school in 1900. Source: Project Centennial 1894-1994 - by the Pequot Lakes High School Social Studies class of 1994.
Looking Back - Jan. 18, 2019
January 18, 2019 - 3:30am
January 17, 2019
The Pine River dam and power plant was built in 1910 by Webber and Hill and operated by Tom Arvig who formed with his brothers, Hans, Abel, and Louie, the Pine River Electric Power and Light Company. Source: Logsleds to Snowmobiles, History of Pine River, Minnesota 1873 - 1973.
Pages from the Past - Jan. 17, 2019
January 17, 2019 - 3:30am
January 13, 2019
Faith: Becoming one with the potato
January 13, 2019 - 6:30am