Minnesota reports 11,440 new cases, 78 deaths from COVID
The seven-day rolling average positive test rate reached 23.7%.
ST. PAUL — Following are the Minnesota Department of Health's COVID-19 case rates, deaths, hospitalizations and vaccinations as of Thursday, Jan. 20. Because all data are preliminary, some numbers and totals may change from one day to the next.
Statewide case rates
- NEW CASES: 11,440
- SEVEN-DAY, ROLLING AVERAGE OF NEW CASES PER 100,000 PEOPLE: 222.4 (as of 1/9)
- TOTAL CASES, INCLUDING REINFECTIONS: 1,204,929
- TOTAL REINFECTIONS: 34,134
- SEVEN-DAY, ROLLING AVERAGE TEST POSITIVITY RATE: 23.7% (as of 1/9)
- ACTIVE HOSPITALIZATIONS: 1,629
- TOTAL HOSPITALIZATIONS: 54,810
- DEATHS, NEWLY REPORTED: 78
- TOTAL DEATHS: 11,115
- FIRST DOSE ADMINISTERED: 3,813,784 or 73.2% of ages 5 and up
- COMPLETED SERIES (2 doses): 3,573,445 or 68.6% of ages 5 and up
- BOOSTER DOSES ADMINISTERED: 1,952,260