Cass County Public Health offers vaccine clinic March 19 at Pine River-Backus School
Some restrictions are still in place for who qualifies
Cass County Public Health will hold a COVID-19 vaccine clinic with first doses from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, March 19, at Pine River-Backus School.
This is the first of a two-dose Moderna vaccine. The second dose will be given 28 days later. This round of vaccinations is open to:
- Health care personnel and caregivers.
- Long-term care residents.
- Pre-K through grade 12 educators and child care providers.
- People age 65 or older.
- People with specific underlying medical conditions (sickle cell disease, Down syndrome, active cancer treatment, immunocompromised from organ transplant, oxygen-dependent chronic lung and heart conditions).
- Food processing plant workers.
- People with rare conditions or disabilities that put them at higher risk.
- People 45-64 with one or more underlying medical conditions (active cancer, chronic kidney disease, COPD, diabetes, Down syndrome, heart conditions, immunocompromised, obesity, pregnancy, sickle cell disease).
- People ages 18-44 with two or more of the above underlying medical conditions.
- People age 50 or older in multi-generational housing.
- Essential frontline workers (agricultural, airport staff, child care workers, correctional settings, first responders, food production, food retail, food service, judicial system workers, manufacturing, public health workers, public transit and postal service workers).
Preregistration is required. Interested parties may register at www.co.cass.mn.us/covidclinic or by phone at 218-547-6866.
Registrants should enter through Door 17 at the back of the school. There is a handicap accessible entrance at Door 16.
Walk-in appointments will not be accepted. Anyone feeling ill, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, having received any other vaccine in the past 14 days or having received monoclonal antibody treatment for coronavirus in the past 90 days should postpone their vaccination.
Anyone with questions or concerns of severe allergic reactions should contact their health care professionals before registering. Recipients must agree to a 15-minute waiting period after receiving their vaccination. Face masks and social distancing are required at this vaccination clinic.