Whitefish Chain Yacht Club lists activities
Whitefish Chain Yacht Club board members had their spring board meeting Saturday, May 7, and plans for 2016 include: o Replacing damaged buoys on the Whitefish Chain. o Offering free swimming lessons for youth of visitors and residents July 11-29...
Whitefish Chain Yacht Club board members had their spring board meeting Saturday, May 7, and plans for 2016 include:
• Replacing damaged buoys on the Whitefish Chain.
• Offering free swimming lessons for youth of visitors and residents July 11-29.
• Offering youth boating safety classes June 13 and July 14.
• Hosting a spring dinner for members at 5 p.m. June 11 at the Riverside Restaurant in Crosslake.
• Assisting with the Whitefish Chain Antique and Classic Wood Boat Rendezvous on June 18 at Moonlite Bay.
• Assisting with the Cardboard Boat Race on Aug. 13 at Moonlite Bay.
• Hosting a fall dinner for members Sept. 10 at the Whitefish Golf Course.
New board business included the Crosslake Chamber of Commerce meeting and Minnesota Design Team event in September and a possible women's boating safety class, "Women at the Helm."
"Our mission has always been to promote boating and water safety for both lake residents and visitors of the Whitefish Chain of Lakes," said Commodore Jim Anderson. "To that end, we offer free swimming and boating safety classes for youth, and will keep warning buoys operational so that visitors and residents can boat safely on our chain of lakes."
Established in 1952 and now composed of 154 members, the Whitefish Chain Yacht Club is a nonprofit organization, and a member of the Crosslake, Brainerd Lakes and Pequot Lakes Chamber of Commerce.