Cass and Crow Wing counties remain in a winter weather advisory Wednesday evening, March 10, through Thursday morning, March 11, with 3 to 6 inches of snow possible.
A rain/snow mix may occur from around noon to 6 p.m. Wednesday, with snow expected from after 6 p.m. through 6 a.m. Thursday, according to the National Weather Service in Duluth. The worst conditions are expected Wednesday night with snow ending Thursday morning.
Wind gusts of 40 mph are possible Wednesday afternoon and evening.
The weather service offers the following ice storm safety tips:
- Have an emergency kit in case the power goes out.
- Avoid driving. If you must drive, drive slowly and give extra space to the cars in front of you.
- Watch out for downed branches and trees, and stay away from downed power lines.
The weather service also shares the following winter driving safety tips:
- Clear snow and ice from windows and lights.
- Brake early. Leave twice the amount of room for stopping.
- Don't use cruise control in wintry conditions.
- Don't cut in front of other vehicles.
- Take it slow. Delay travel if feasible.