PR-B offers February classes
Pine River-Backus Community Education offers the following upcoming classes: o Valentine Candy Galore: 5:30-7:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 8, $15 per person (children under 12 must be with a paying adult). Due to popular demand a second class was added. ...
Pine River-Backus Community Education offers the following upcoming classes:
• Valentine Candy Galore: 5:30-7:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 8, $15 per person (children under 12 must be with a paying adult).
Due to popular demand a second class was added. At the Pine River Bakery, learn to make the basic truffle recipe and finish three other varieties that will be pre-made for convenience.
Everyone will go home with a heart gift box to give to someone, and plenty more truffles to enjoy.
• Hearts + Art = Valentine Fun: Wednesday, Feb. 11, $5.
Heart creation pictures, cards and decorations.
• Recycled Valentine Craft Fun: second- through sixth-graders, 3:10-4:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 12, $4 per student.
Using paint, paper, glue, fabric and more, transform and recycle readily available household materials into Valentine's Day decorations and gifts. Meet in the Commons.
Happy Dancing Turtle staff will instruct.
• Puppets are Fun! Tuesday, Feb. 17, $5.
Learn to make simple puppets while talking about different puppets. Bring a sock or two, if possible.
• SPLAT! Tuesday, Feb. 24, $5.
Paint with a squish, squash, mash and a good SPLAT.
• Beads, Beads, Beads! Thursday, Feb. 26.
Use all different beads. One bead class per month.
• Beginning Skating & Hockey (grades 1-4): 3-5 p.m. Tuesdays in February, suggested donation of $5 per session.
Learn basic skating fundamentals and basic puck handling and passing. All pucks will remain on the ice with no rough stuff or actual games, just practice. Bring a hockey stick, if possible.
Sign up for a couple classes or sign up for all classes. Bus will be provided to ice rink. Parents must pick up students from ice rink.
• 10 Fascinating New Oils to Try: 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, Stone Woman Herbals, $10.
This class goes beyond the basics of lavender, tea tree and peppermint. Learn about oils you may not have heard of yet and their benefits to your already existing knowledge of aromatherapy. Make blends to take home and receive recipes.
• Beginning Hatha Yoga: Session 1 is 5:15-6:15 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 3-24, PR-B Elementary School gym, Door 32, $35 per session.
Discover the benefits of yoga for daily well-being. Learn poses and breathing techniques to relieve tension and improve mental clarity. This class is ideal for new and experienced students. Wear stretchy, comfortable clothes and bring a mat and a blanket.
• American Tribal Style Bellydance: Session 1 is 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 3-24, EC dance gym, Door 26, $35 per session.
Each class will cover fun new movements for arms, bellies and hips, focusing on strength, confidence, coordination and creativity. Dress comfortably for fluid movement. For women only and youth (ages 12-17 with parental consent).
• Driver's Education-Classroom winter session: 3:15-6:15 p.m. Feb. 19-March 4, $70. Registration deadline is Feb. 12.
Participants must be at least 15 by the start of class, or receive instructor's approval. An original birth certificate is required for registration (a copy will be made; original will be returned).
Be aware of new laws for student drivers and parents.
Call Community Education for information or visit prbschools.org - Community Ed - Drivers Ed.
• UMA Karate and Self-Defense: 5-5:45 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Door 17, $49 per month, no belt through green belt.
• Women's Kickboxing: 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Door 17, $45 per month.