Pequot Lakes Library lists upcoming programs
Take advantage of these wonderful programs brought to you by enthusiastic players. o Learn how to make straw-bale gardens: Our Legacy Program for March is special and is coming up soon. On this coming Monday, March 2, at 4:30 p.m., Joel Karsten w...
Take advantage of these wonderful programs brought to you by enthusiastic players.
• Learn how to make straw-bale gardens: Our Legacy Program for March is special and is coming up soon. On this coming Monday, March 2, at 4:30 p.m., Joel Karsten will be here to teach us how to create our own straw-bale gardens.
This is a fairly new concept in gardening and this educational and entertaining program will answer any questions you may have about it, and just in time for the start of gardening season.
This program is free and brought to you by the Legacy vote of the people of Minnesota. No need to register. Just come, learn and get excited.
• March library exhibit to feature Minnesota American Indians: In March, the library exhibit will feature books in our library by some of the prominent American Indian authors from Minnesota.
Novels, biographies, memoirs, poetry, historical narratives and nonfiction are among the works by Anishinaabe/Ojibwe and Dakota authors from Minnesota.
Come learn a bit about these wonderful authors and then enjoy their books!
• Time-Out for preschool children's story time: Because our kids' story time readers will be out of the area for a while, we'll suspend this activity until April 15. See you in the spring!
• Thank you, thank you, thank you: As always, thank you to our volunteers who are absolutely amazing.
• Quote for the month: "Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries." - Anne Herbert
Dates to note
• March Exhibit in our library, all month: Books of all sorts written by Minnesota American Indians.
• Monday, March 2, 4:30 p.m.: Joel Karsten will deliver a program on Straw-Bale Gardens.
• Thursday, March 5, 10:30 a.m.: First Thursday Book Club, at the library. The book to be discussed is "The Deerslayer," by James Fenimore Cooper. April's book will be any book you choose to read by Minnesota author Jon Hassler. There are a lot to choose from. The book club is open to anyone interested. There's no need to call ahead.