Pequot Lakes Community Education offers variety of classes
Pre-registration is required for the following Pequot Lakes Community Education classes. Call 218-568-9200 or register online at www.isd186.org and click on "community education."...
Pre-registration is required for the following Pequot Lakes Community Education classes. Call 218-568-9200 or register online at www.isd186.org and click on "community education."
• Tae Kwon Do: Various times on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at Total Tae Kwon Do in Pequot Lakes. Call Community Education for times.
Tae Kwon Do incorporates the techniques of kicking, punching and blocking and is a workout for the mind as well as the body, focusing on physical and mental fitness, self-defense and self-discipline. The class helps develop strength, stamina and flexibility. Classes are tailored to each individual student to promote a fun, healthy workout in a friendly, encouraging and safe environment.
Instructor is Kevin Littman.
Sessions are 45 minutes. Cost is $50 per month per person. Join any month.
• Martial Arts - Aikido: 11 a.m. to noon Saturdays for ages 7-14; 5:30-6:45 p.m. Wednesdays and 11 a.m. to noon Sundays for ages 14 and up, at Total Tae Kwon Do in Pequot Lakes.
Aikido is a modern Japanese martial art with a focus on self-defense. Aikido helps foster a greater awareness in general, along with self-control and discipline over one's mind and body. Practice in a friendly, supportive, non-competitive environment.
Instructor is Royer Sensei.
Cost is $50 per person per month. There are eight classes each month. Join any month.
• PiYo Fitness: 6:15-7:15 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, Jan. 8-March 29, in the Eagle View Elementary School upper gym.
This class incorporates a unique mix of pilates and yoga for a complete workout. All fitness levels are welcome. Bring a yoga mat and water.
Instructor is Jessica Waytashek.
Cost is $30 for five classes, $60 for 10 classes or $120 for 20 classes.
• Water Aerobics: 5-6:15 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, Jan. 8-March 29, at Breezy Point High Village.
Improve muscle tone, flexibility, coordination and circulation through water-resistant exercise. Bring a pair of wet bells, swimsuit and towel. Join anytime.
Instructor is Edie Heim.
Cost is $5 for one session, $49.50 for 11 sessions and $88 for 22 sessions.
• Ice Skating: 5:45-7:15 p.m. Sundays, Jan. 7-April 8, at Breezy Point Ice Arena. Class times vary, and each class is half an hour. No class on Jan. 14, Feb. 18, March 11 and April 1.
Breezy Point Skate School runs a certified Learn to Skate program, which is endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey and U.S. Speed Skating. Skating lessons are available for people of all ages to develop skating skills used for figure skating, hockey and recreational skating.
Instructors are Breezy Point Figure Skating Club members.
Cost is $30 for Snowplow Sam (ages 3-5); $125 for Basics 1, 2, 3, Hockey Skills and Freeskate. Fee includes $15 Learn to Skate USA membership.
Questions about what level to register for should be directed to Kristin Wallin at 218-831-2232 or email@example.com .