CLEVELAND — President Donald Trump and Democratic nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden participated in the first of three presidential debates at 8 p.m. CDT Tuesday, Sept. 29, at Case Western Reserve University. Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace moderated the debate.
The topics for the first debate were Trump and Biden's records, the Supreme Court, COVID-19, the economy, race and violence in U.S. cities, and the integrity of the election.
Watch the full debate below:
View a schedule for the rest of the 2020 presidential debates below and keep up on the latest news leading up to the Nov. 3 election here.
- Date: Wednesday, Oct. 7, from 8-9:30 p.m. CDT
- Venue: The University of Utah in Salt Lake City
- Moderator: Susan Page, Washington bureau chief of USA Today
Second presidential debate:
- Date: Thursday, Oct. 15, from 8-9:30 p.m. CDT
- Venue: Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami
- Moderator: Steve Scully, senior executive producer and political editor at C-SPAN
Third presidential debate:
- Date: Thursday, Oct. 22, from 8-9:30 p.m. CDT
- Venue: Belmont University in Nashville
- Moderator: Kristen Welker, NBC News White House correspondent
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.