Whitefish Chain Yacht Club offers summer events
CROSSLAKE — The Whitefish Chain Yacht Club announced its full calendar of events for this summer.
With the mission of “safety on the water,” youth swimming and boating classes, as well as the popular Women at the Helm classes, will begin in June. These classes are open to the public.
Youth Boating Safety
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 7 and July 13 at Zorbaz in Crosslake. This is held in conjunction with the Crow Wing County Sheriff’s Water Patrol for youth ages 12-17.
Women at the Helm
- 5:30 p.m. June 24 and July 22 at Bertha Boatworks. This class is for women who would like to get more comfortable at the helm of their boats. Jonny and Jody Wallin are the instructors.
Youth Water Safety/Swimming
- 10:30 a.m. July 5-8, July 11-15 and July 18-22 at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Campground in Crosslake.
Antique and Classic Wood Boat Rendezvous
- June 18 at Moonlite Bay Family Restaurant and Bar. The yacht club is a sponsor of this event that showcases vintage wooden boats and other classic boats at the docks.
Cardboard Boat Races
- Aug. 13 at Moonlite Bay Family Restaurant and Bar. This event features teams trying to paddle their homemade cardboard boats around the buoys on Moonlite Bay.
For WCYC members, plans for the spring member dinner are underway. The event will be June 11 at Riverside Restaurant in Crosslake.
If you are not a member or have questions about the Whitefish Chain Yacht Club, more information about the organization and how membership supports “safety on the water” can be found at www.wcyc.info.