Wealth of topics presented at in-person Back to Basics workshops
Back to Basics continues with in-person workshops as well as virtual options.
PINE RIVER — This month, a number of workshops are being offered on select dates at Pine River-Backus School as part of the 16th annual Back to Basics event held by Happy Dancing Turtle.
Back to Basics is a sustainable living event. A two-week run of virtual workshops opened the event and it will wrap up with a Spring Fair on May 21 at Lakes Music and Events Park in Pine River.
- 5:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 14: Jode Freyholtz-London, of Wellness in the Woods, offers The Meaning of Being Well.
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 15: The Basics of Keeping Chickens with Eric Stromberg.
- 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 16: Intro to Ayurveda with Aprile Lack.
- 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 17: Endicott and Blenkush, of Serenity Now Yarn & Alpaca Shop, will lead Soap Felting.
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 23: Kathleen Connell will lead Corn and Her Siblings: Experiences in a Three-Sisters Garden.
- 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 24: Play Outside! presented by Kim Norman.
For a full class description and to register, go to www.happydancingturtle.org/back-to-basics . For more information about this event, visit happydancingturtle.org.
With headquarters in Pine River, Happy Dancing Turtle is a nonprofit dedicated to growing good stewards of the planet by providing education, programs and experiences for youth and adults that inspire wonder and empower change.