Walker American Legion to host 9/11 flag ceremony
Program begins at 9 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 11
WALKER — The Spencer-Ross American Legion Post #134 of Walker will conduct a flag ceremony Sunday morning, Sept. 11, at the Veterans Podium on the north lawn of the Cass County Courthouse in Walker.
The public is invited to attend. Following is a schedule:
- 9 a.m. Spencer-Ross American Legion Post #134 of Walker Honor Guard will post the colors.
- 9:01 a.m. Legion Auxiliary Chaplain Nancy Wagner will share opening remarks and prayer.
- 9:05 a.m. Cass County Sheriff Honor Guard will post and unfold the flag. Spencer-Ross American Legion Post #134 of Walker Honor Guard will fire three rounds and play taps. Cass County Sheriff Honor Guard will refold the flag.
- 9:10 a.m. Thirty seconds of siren sound followed by 30 seconds of silence.
- 9:11 a.m. Flag lowered to half-staff by the Walker Area Joint Fire Department.
- 9:12 a.m. Ceremonial cannon salute.
The flag will fly at half staff for the remainder of the day.