Summer reading program to start at Pequot Lakes Library
Other events include the annual book sale, art exhibits and a book club meeting.
PEQUOT LAKES — Hey kids! The Summer Reading Program is about to begin.
Come in to the library to register from 5-7 p.m. Thursday, June 2, or any day when we’re open. Or a parent can come in with a list of kids who will be participating and Terri will pick it up here.
Cost is $5 per family for the whole 10 weeks. The theme this year is “We are Minnesota.” The list of exciting events that will take place is available at the library.
And don’t forget that we still have our Preschool Story Time at 11 a.m. every Wednesday.
The annual Book Sale will take place at the library from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, July 1, and Saturday, July 2, with the half-price book sale taking place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, July 3. Our Preview Party for Friends-of-the-Library members (minimum $20 donation) will take place from 7-9 p.m. Thursday, June 30.
Notes about this and that
- We truly appreciate our patrons and volunteers. Thank you all for everything you do.
- Our present rotating art exhibit features Karen Bye, local artist who specializes in leather art. Her works are incredible. They will be available for viewing for two months so please come in and see what can be done with leather, leather-working tools and an artistic flair.
- Be sure to check our website for information about newly purchased books and things going on in the library. You may also log onto our catalog at the website.
- We have a “reading machine” to give away for someone who needs help with reading. It’s an Aladdin Classic Telesensory machine that is about the size of a typewriter and is lightweight so would be easy to pick up here at the library. If you or someone you know could use this, come in and have a look. It is free for the taking.
Dates to note
- Thursday, June 2, 10:30 a.m.: First Thursday Book Club meeting at the library. Book to be discussed is “Jude the Obscure,” by Thomas Hardy. July’s book will be “The Night Watchman,” by Louise Erdrich. The book club is open to anyone interested. There’s no need to call ahead.
- Address: 31117 Rasmussen Road, Pequot Lakes, MN 56472.
- Phone: 218-568-6181.
- Website: www.pequotlakeslibrary.org. Log onto our catalog at the website.
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday and Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Thursday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; closed Sundays and holidays.
The library has six computers equipped with DSL internet service available without charge to the public. Wireless internet is also available.
Claire Nagel is a Pequot Lakes Community Library volunteer.