Pequot Lakes speech team places second at subsections
Individuals advance to Section meet
PEQUOT LAKES — The Pequot Lakes High School speech team finished second at the Subsection 6A Tournament on Saturday, April 2.
Placing for the Patriots and advancing to Sections were:
- Discussion: Veronica Broskovetz, first; Hunter Johnson, second; Tyler Hushagen, fourth; Alex Prather, fifth.
- Drama: Tabitha Kibwaa, first.
- Extemporaneous reading: Zoe Huber, third; Sonja Palmer, fourth; Madeleine Hoag, fifth.
- Extemporaneous speaking: Steve Maschhoff, first; Alexis Shaw, second; Ryan Fritz, third.
- Great speeches: Emma Johnson, second.
- Informative: Avery Larson, second;
- Poetry: Olivia Armstrong, fourth; Emma Hines, fifth.
- Prose: Emma Wolf, fourth.
Additionally, Angie Klein was named subsection coach of the year.