Pine River Library offers variety of in-person activities
Events include art lessons, author presentations and basket making.
PINE RIVER — The Pine River Public Library announces in-person activities, including art classes, speakers and more.
- The library will host Harper Bennett of Studio 5150 to lead a class on fluid art at 6 p.m. Thursday, May 5, and 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 6. Both sessions will teach the same techniques.
Register for a session at the library. The class is free and is open to all over age 8. Participants ages 8-12 must have an adult with them.
Bennett will return with more techniques at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 2, and 10:30 a.m. Friday, June 3.
- Author/speaker Joe Kimball will be at the library at 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 16.
Kimball has researched the infamous murders at the Glensheen Mansion in Duluth. He has written a book and continues to research and speak about the day in Minnesota history that the tours do not talk about.
All are welcome to come listen. This is funded by the Legacy-Art and Cultural Heritage funds from the state of Minnesota.
- Art classes will take place each month this summer for adults and young adults: Card making - 6 p.m. June 21 and 10:30 a.m. June 22. Wreath making with tablecloths - 6 p.m. July 19 and 10:30 a.m. July 20. Raffia basket making - 6 p.m. Aug. 16 and 10:30 a.m. Aug. 17.
These classes will be limited to 12 participants per session. Register at the library for a session.
- The summer reading program for children ages 3-18 will start Monday, June 6, when children can come to the library to sign up and receive a reading program kit.
The program will include reading for rewards and a bonus bingo game.
The library will host a weekly guest speaker at 10:30 a.m. every Thursday this summer for all ages, not just children.
Weekly crafts will be open to children throughout the Pine River area. They will have the option to complete the craft with staff at the library or take it home to complete.
More summer reading details and a full schedule will follow soon.
- The library will have two take 'n' make kits available in May. May 9-14 will be an adult kit for a Pom Pom Cacti project and May 16-21 will be a children’s kit for paper quilling.
The library will still offer a monthly take and make for adults this summer. The June adult kit will be available June 6-11 or while supplies last and includes a unique way to decorate a wooden sign.
For more information on activities, visit the library, "like" the library on Facebook and Instagram, or subscribe to the monthly newsletter.
- Phone: 218-587-4639
- Website: email@example.com
- Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday; 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday; and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday.