Pine River-Backus Family Center lists March events
Schedules listed for the food shelf, CommUnity Meals, family planning and more.
PINE RIVER — The Pine River-Backus Family Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday.
March is Minnesota FoodShare Month. Donations can be mailed to P.O. Box 1, Pine River, MN 56474.
The Pine River Food Shelf receives a proportional match for all of the financial contributions and product donations received from Feb. 28-April 10.
Following are more March events.
- Pine River Area Food Shelf: Hours are 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays. On the second Tuesday of the month (March 8), the food shelf will be open from 3:30-6 p.m.
- Pine River-Backus CommUnity Meals: Free weekly meals for anyone who is hungry are served Mondays at Riverview Church in Pine River or Thursdays at the Backus Pine Mountaineer Senior Center. Serving time is 4 p.m. until gone. For more information or to volunteer, call 218-587-4292.
- Home Visiting Program: The Home Visiting Program has immediate openings for families who have questions about pregnancy and a child's growth and development, or who would like additional support. Free swag bags are available to all families who are expecting a baby who live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
- NAPS: Driveup pick up is from 1:30-3:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 8. NAPS boxes are picked up inside the family center. Enter through the back door.
- WIC: Call Cass County at 218-547-6872 for an appointment.
- Family planning: Family planning is scheduled Tuesday, April 5. Call 877-275-6123 to schedule an appointment or for more information.
- Child & Teen Check-Up: Call Cass County Public Health at 218-547-6872 for information.
Donations to the Pine River-Backus Family Center are always welcome and help the center to continue to support families.
"Like" the family center on Facebook or visit www.prbfamilycenter.org.