Pequot Lakes speech team takes 6th in Walker
Every member of the team either placed or won an award
PEQUOT LAKES — The Pequot Lakes High School speech team came away from the Walker-Hackensack-Akeley meet Saturday, March 5, with a sixth-place finish out of 23 teams participating.
Every member of the team either placed or won an award, with Tabitha Kibwaa placing second in both extemporaneous speaking and drama.
Also placing for the Patriots were:
- Discussion: Veronica Broskovetz, sixth; Alex Prather, sixth Honor Final.
- Extemporaneous reading: Zoe Huber, sixth; Madeleine Hoag, first Honor Final; Sonja Palmer, sixth Honor Final.
- Extemporaneous speaking: Steve Maschhoff, fourth; Ryan Fritz, second Honor Final.
- Great speeches: Emma Johnson, sixth.
- Poetry: Olivia Armstrong, third Honor Final; Emma Hines, Ribbon of Excellence.