New contenders enter Emily/Jenkins elections
Many seats still have no applications.
As of Monday, Aug. 8, Roman Siltman has filed for Jenkins City Council and Scott Eppen has filed for Emily mayor, two applicants who do not currently serve on the respective councils.
No application has yet been announced for the Jenkins mayor seat. Current mayor Jon Lubke is seeking the Crow Wing County District 2 seat.
In addition, Tyler Gardner has officially filed paperwork to seek re-election as the mayor of Pequot lakes.
The filing period to seek election to area city, township and school board seats remains open through 5 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 16.
Following is a list of who has filed thus far to run for area seats that will be on the Nov. 8 general election ballot.
Pequot Lakes School Board
- Three four-year school board terms: Dena Moody (incumbent), Mariah Hines, Pamela Johnson.
Pine River-Backus School Board
- Four four-year school board terms: Wanda Carlson (incumbent), Ryan Trumble (incumbent), Leslie Bouchonville (incumbent).
- Two-year mayor term: Tyler Gardner (incumbent)
- Two four-year city council terms: Dan Ronning (appointed council member).
- Two-year mayor term: Angel Zierden.
- One two-year city council term: Steve Jensen.
- Two-year mayor term: Carla Bainbridge, Dave Nevin (incumbent), Donald Andre Chouinard.
- Two four-year city council terms: Jayme A. Knapp, Jackson Purfeerst.
- Two-year mayor term: John Ryan (incumbent).
- Two four-year city council terms: Jesse Zahn (appointed council member), Mark Froehle (appointed council member), Cameron Dorion.
- Two four-year city council terms: Roman Siltman
- Two four-year city council terms: John Terwilliger (incumbent).
- Two four-year city council terms: Barb Sherlock.
East Gull Lake
- Two four-year city council terms: James Ritter, Gary Scheeler
- Two-year mayor term: Roger (Buddy) Lund.
- Two four-year city council terms: Bill Spiess, Dave Johnson, Gregory Koch.
Area Crow Wing County townships
- Gail Lake Township: David C. Bramman, supervisor seat 2. Donald L. Lohse, supervisor seat 3. Catherine Erickson, town clerk.
- Jenkins Township: James Olsen, town clerk.
- Little Pine: Norman Hawley, town supervisor seat B. Nan Hawley, town treasurer.
Area Cass County townships
- Birch Lake: John Freeman and Andy Becker, town supervisor seat 2. Nicholas Daigle, Andy Bray and Tony Peterson, town supervisor seat 3.
- Deerfield: Terry Holden, town supervisor seat 3. Lisa Kriens, town clerk.