Mayoral race emerges in Crosslake
Second day of candidate filings doesn't bring many people forward
A mayoral race is ensured in Crosslake as two people - incumbent Mayor Dave Nevin and newcomer Carla Bainbridge - have both filed for the seat.
On the second day of candidate filings for area city, township and school board seats Wednesday, Aug. 3, not many people came forward. The filing period remains open through 5 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 16. The general election is Tuesday, Nov. 8.
Following is a list of area candidates who had filed for office as of 5 p.m. Wednesday, according to the Minnesota Secretary of State's website. No listings are yet available for Cass County cities, townships or the Pine River-Backus School Board.
- Two-year mayor term: Angel Zierden.
- One two-year city council term: Steve Jensen.
- Two-year mayor term: Carla Bainbridge, Dave Nevin (incumbent).
- Two four-year city council terms: Jayme A. Knapp.
- Two four-year city council terms: Jesse Zahn (on the council now after being appointed), Mark Froehle (on the council now after being appointed).
- Two-year mayor term: Roger (Buddy) Lund.
- Two four-year city council terms: Bill Spiess, Dave Johnson, Gregory Koch.
Area Crow Wing County townships
- Gail Lake Township: David C. Bramman, supervisor seat 2. Donald L. Lohse, supervisor seat 3. Catherine Erickson, town clerk.
- Jenkins Township: James Olsen, town clerk.
- Little Pine: Norman Hawley, town supervisor seat B. Nan Hawley, town treasurer.
Visit www.pineandlakes.com Thursday, Aug. 4, for an update on area candidate filings.