Echo Journal e-paper highlights for June 16-22, 2022
Take a look at just some of what was on the Echo Journal's e-paper pages in the last week at www.pineandlakes.com
Subscribers, be sure to activate your online access that is free as part of your print subscription by visiting pineandlakes.com/activate.
For those who haven’t yet subscribed, consider doing so by visiting pineandlakes.com or calling 218-855-5897 to keep up not only with local news, but so much more offered in our daily e-papers.
Here are highlights of what was published in the Echo Journal e-papers online in the past week. Each e-paper is seven to nine pages of bonus news from around the world, including national, state, business, entertainment and sports news.
- Thursday, June 23: President Biden asks Congress to suspend federal gas tax, but three-month move faces criticism from left and right. Senate advances gun safety bill that increases background checks on buyers.
- Friday, June 24: Residents endure emotional grind of living beside flooding Rainy Lake. The Supreme Court bolsters gun owners’ right to carry. Orlando Magic take Duke’s Paolo Banchero with the No. 1 overall NBA draft pick.
- Saturday, June 25: Remote work could save firms billions of dollars. How “Elvis” star Austin Butler lost - and found - himself in the role. Walmart partners with country singer Miranda Lambert for home decor line.
- Sunday, June 26: Tensions high over Roe v. Wade as protesters at U.S. Supreme Court decry abortion ruling. Doctors increasingly prescribe time in nature to promote mental and physical health. Book reviews and the best-sellers list.
- Monday, June 27: Poll finds majority Americans disapprove of Roe v. Wade decision. “Elvis” and “Top Gun” battle it out for No. 1 movie. Travel tips for packing light. Legends will take center court at Wimbledon.
- Tuesday, June 28: Supreme Court backs coach’s on-field prayers. Across the United States, 2020 election deniers seek top voting offices. Here are some Tom Cruise hot takes.
- Wednesday, June 29: Find this week’s Echo Journal pages, along with extra pages of state, national, world, sports, business and entertainment news.