E-paper highlights: June 16-22, 2022, headlines from the Echo Journal e-papers
Take a look at just some of what was on the Echo Journal's e-paper pages in the last week at www.pineandlakes.com
Here are highlights of what was published in the Echo Journal e-papers online in the past week. Each e-paper is seven to nine pages of bonus news from around the world, including national, state, business, entertainment and sports news.
Subscribers, be sure to activate your online access that is free as part of your print subscription by visiting pineandlakes.com/activate.
For those who haven’t yet subscribed, consider doing so by visiting pineandlakes.com or calling 218-855-5897 to keep up not only with local news, but so much more offered in our daily e-papers.
- Thursday, June 16: Minnesota DNR is using GPS collars to track fawns’ movement. Federal Reserve rolls out biggest rate hike since 1994. Airfares are sky high.
- Friday, June 17: Minnesota veteran preserves history of World War II linguists secretly trained in state. Golden State Warriors take another NBA title by defeating Boston Celtics in Game 6. Top Republican walks out of gun talks.
- Saturday, June 18: European Union backs Ukraine’s membership bid. Collected too much stuff - here’s how to cut through the clutter. Former Timberwolf Andrew Wiggins was a key player in Golden State’s title run. Tampa Bay Lightning’s secret weapon: Bathroom Becky.
- Sunday, June 19: U.S. panel backs Moderna, Pfizer COVID shots for youngest kids. Florida surpasses 75,000 COVID deaths. President Biden falls off his bike while coming to a stop.
- Monday, June 20: U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen says high inflation is locked in for the rest of 2022. Festivals and speeches mark Juneteenth. U.S. is experiencing tree seed shortages.
- Tuesday, June 21: Minnesota man gets life in prison, and more, for 2021 Buffalo medical clinic shooting. President Biden nears decision on suspending federal gas tax. Disney’s “Lightyear” movie misses estimates in debut.
- Wednesday, Jan. : Find this week’s Echo Journal pages, along with extra pages of state, national, world, sports, business and entertainment news.