E-paper highlights: Feb. 2-8, 2023, Echo Journal headlines
Take a look at just some of what was on the Echo Journal's e-paper pages in the last week at www.pineandlakes.com
Here are highlights of what was published in the Echo Journal e-papers online in the past week. Each e-paper includes pages of bonus news from around the world, including top international, national and sports news.
Subscribers, be sure to activate your online access that is free as part of your print subscription by visiting pineandlakes.com/activate.
For those who haven’t yet subscribed, consider doing so by visiting pineandlakes.com or calling 218-855-5897 to keep up not only with local news, but so much more offered in our daily e-papers.
Thursday, Feb. 2
- Mourners call for an end to police violence at Tyre Nichols’ funeral.
- Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley will take on Trump in 2024 presidential primary.
- Tom Brady says he is retiring for good, and he means it this time.
- “Laverne & Shirley” actress Cindy Williams dies at 75.
Friday, Feb. 3
- On Groundhog Day, Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow, predicting more cold ahead.
- Recipe: Kladdkaka (Scandinavian chocolate sticky cake) is perfect for Valentine’s Day, or any day.
- Wild player Kirill Kaprizov will represent Minnesota at All-Star Weekend.
Saturday, Feb. 4
- Ticketmaster is working to avoid fiasco.
- Biden administration seeks to toughen school nutrition standards.
- International Olympic Committee is on the spot over Russian presence at 2024 Olympics.
Sunday, Feb. 5
- The United States shoots down a suspected Chinese spy balloon.
- Goodbye Iowa: Democrats approve President Biden’s revamped primary calendar.
- See a college basketball roundup.
Monday, Feb. 6
- Balloon fallout: China moves from contrite to confrontational over balloon.
- Republican New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu is “definitely thinking” about a White House run.
- Kirk Cousins leads NFC to Pro Bowl Games win.
- Beyonce breaks Grammys record with 32nd career win.
Tuesday, Feb. 7
- Huge earthquake kills thousands in Turkey and Syria.
- President Biden prepares to deliver the State of the Union address.
- Vikings hire Brian Flores as defensive coordinator.
Wednesday, Feb. 8
- Find this week’s Echo Journal pages, along with extra home and abroad pages of national, world and sports news.