E-paper highlights: Echo Journal headlines from May 11-16, 2023
Take a look at just some of what was on the Echo Journal's e-paper pages in the last week at www.pineandlakes.com
Here are highlights of what was published in the Echo Journal e-papers online in the past week. Each e-paper includes pages of bonus news from around the world, including top international, national and sports news.
Subscribers, be sure to activate your online access that is free as part of your print subscription by visiting pineandlakes.com/activate.
For those who haven’t yet subscribed, consider doing so by visiting pineandlakes.com or calling 218-855-5897 to keep up not only with local news, but so much more offered in our daily e-papers.
Thursday, May 11
- Trump responds to sexual assault verdict, repeats election falsehoods
- U.S. Congress, White House begin tough debt limit, budget negotiations
- U.S. Rep. George Santos charged with fraud, money laundering
Friday, May 12
- Migrants stuck at U.S. gates as Title 42 ends
- Trump appeals sexual abuse verdict, $5M award
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with crepes recipe
Saturday, May 13
- Sustainable food - not more of it - needed as global hunger soars
- Debt ceiling worries deepen
- Find Twins, NHL and NBA playoff results.
Sunday, May 14
- Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen hopeful of a solution to “more difficult” debt ceiling showdown
- Asylum seekers from Mexico hope for U.S. entry after Title 42 end
- Wildfires continue to rage; Canada’s Alberta faces more fires amid hot, dry weather
Monday, May 15
- Border crossings are “markedly” down
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy makes first visit to Germany since war broke out
- Minnesota cranks out 18 hits in 16-3 win over Cubs
Tuesday, May 16
- U.S. warns against crossing Mexico border illegally as Title 42 ends
- Turf troubles: Many area lawns need help
- Dallas Stars advance to face Vegas Golden Knights in NHL playoffs
Wednesday, May 17
- Find this week’s Echo Journal pages, along with extra home and abroad pages of national, world and sports news.