E-paper highlights: Echo Journal headlines from Oct. 6-12, 2022
Take a look at just some of what was on the Echo Journal's e-paper pages in the last week at www.pineandlakes.com
Subscribers, be sure to activate your online access that is free as part of your print subscription by visiting pineandlakes.com/activate.
For those who haven’t yet subscribed, consider doing so by visiting pineandlakes.com or calling 218-855-5897 to keep up not only with local news, but so much more offered in our daily e-papers.
Here are highlights of what was published in the Echo Journal e-papers online in the past week. Each e-paper is seven to nine pages of bonus news from around the world, including national, state, business, entertainment and sports news.
- Thursday, Oct. 6: Correa hints at opting out of deal. Ukraine recovers more territory in region Russia claims to have annexed. Taiwan says it will not rely on others for defense.
- Friday, Oct. 7: Wild owner: "I'm getting a little itchy." Legal cannabis poses a quandary for U.S. companies screening staff for drugs. Judge blocks parts of New York gun law.
- Saturday, Oct. 8: Jesse Ventura likes what he sees with Vikings. Uvalde school district suspends entire police force. Christian Bale on Amsterdam, fatherhood and the end of the world.
- Sunday, Oct. 9: Four Midwest restaurants worthy of road tripping. Ireland is "numb" as 10 die at petrol station explosion. After Ian, a low-lying Florida city starts to rebuild; should it?
- Monday, Oct. 10: Vikings bear down: Minnesota tops Chicago for third straight comeback win. Putin calls bridge blast terrorism. Readers share stories of small acts of kindness.
- Tuesday, Oct. 11: Woodworking wonder: Brainerd teen turns hobby into business. Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins sets record in win over Bears. Watchdog group sues Florida governor, claims public records law was violated over migrant flights.
- Wednesday, Oct. 12: Find this week’s Echo Journal pages, along with extra pages of state, national, world, sports, business and entertainment news.