E-paper highlights: April 27-May 2, 2023, e-edition headlines
Take a look at just some of what was on the Echo Journal's e-paper pages in the last week at www.pineandlakes.com
Here are highlights of what was published in the Echo Journal e-papers online in the past week. Each e-paper includes pages of bonus news from around the world, including top international, national and sports news.
Subscribers, be sure to activate your online access that is free as part of your print subscription by visiting pineandlakes.com/activate.
For those who haven’t yet subscribed, consider doing so by visiting pineandlakes.com or calling 218-855-5897 to keep up not only with local news, but so much more offered in our daily e-papers.
Thursday, April 27
- Republicans pass debt ceiling hike as U.S. creeps toward financial calamity.
- Timberwolves player cited for third-degree assault after tossing a chair.
- Vikings have many needs, few draft picks.
Friday, April 28
- Television personality Jerry Springer dies at age 79.
- Democrats, Republicans dig in on debt-ceiling standoff after House action.
- Alabama quarterback Bryce Young goes first overall in the NFL Draft to the Carolina Panthers.
- Vikings take USC receiver Jordan Addison with the No. 23 pick in the NFL Draft.
Saturday, April 29
- Women senators cross party lines to block South Carolina abortion ban.
- Sudan war rages despite truce pledges.
- Wild bow out of playoffs with 4-1 loss to Dallas Stars.
- Vikings select USC cornerback with final pick in third round of the NFL Draft.
Sunday, April 30
- Viking nab pair of LSU defenders.
- Vikings use 5th-round pick on backup quarterback.
- Fighting rages in Khartoum, Sudan.
Monday, May 1
- Pope calls for peace, says Vatican is involved in a secret Ukraine peace mission.
- Manhunt continues for Texas shooter; FBI says they have “zero leads” in search for man accused in killing of 5.
- Five questions the Wild must answer, including: Will Matt Dumba return? Are coaching changes needed?
Tuesday, May 2
- Treasury sounds warning; President Biden calls for meeting as U.S. to run short of cash June 1.
- “Eco-friendly” King Charles to reuse historic garments for coronation.
- Highway pileup in Illinois dust storm causes multiple fatalities, at least 30 injuries.
- Gardening: The basics of perennial gardening.
Wednesday, May 3
- Find this week’s Echo Journal pages, along with extra home and abroad pages of national, world and sports news.