E-paper highlights: Aug. 4 - Aug. 9, 2022
Take a look at just some of what was on the Echo Journal's e-paper pages in the last week at www.pineandlakes.com
Subscribers, be sure to activate your online access that is free as part of your print subscription by visiting pineandlakes.com/activate.
For those who haven’t yet subscribed, consider doing so by visiting pineandlakes.com or calling 218-855-5897 to keep up not only with local news, but so much more offered in our daily e-papers.
Here are highlights of what was published in the Echo Journal e-papers online in the past week. Each e-paper is seven to nine pages of bonus news from around the world, including national, state, business, entertainment and sports news.
- Thursday, Aug. 4, 2022: Russian Ceasefire must precede any talks, says Ukraine; US congresswoman dies in car crash; Prairie Island Indian Community nuclear concern fuels net zero carbon emissions plan
- Friday, Aug. 5, 2022: Russia sentences Griner to 9 years in prison; US declares monkeypox a public health emergency; Alex Jones must pay $4.1M.
- Saturday, Aug. 6, 2022: Washington DC lightning strike that killed 2 offers climate warning; $430B climate bill to include excise tax; US job growth surges, easing recession worries.
- Sunday, Aug. 7, 2022: Major fire spreads at Cuban fuel storage facility; Looser liqour laws boosted the restaurant sales — and maybe problem drinking.
- Monday, Aug. 8, 2022: Egypt mediates truce to end fighting; Ukraine shipping 'very difficult to execute,' CHS analyst says; The great goat escape, family finds 100+ goats grazing in Brainerd backyard.
- Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2022: Trump says FBI raided his florida home, broke into his safe; Ukraine, Russia trade blame for nuclear plant shelling; Air traffic near Taiwan returns to normal; Arbery's murderers sentenced, father and son get life, neighbor gets 35 years for hate crime.
Wednesday, Aug. 10: Find this week’s Echo Journal pages, along with extra pages of state, national, world, sports, business and entertainment news.