Crow Wing County landfill moves to winter hours
The landfill will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
CROW WING COUNTY — As of Tuesday, Nov. 1, the Crow Wing County Landfill has moved to its winter hours of operation.
The landfill will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Summer hours will resume in April 2023.
During these hours, the landfill is open to accept household garbage, mattresses, furniture, recyclables and other items for proper disposal.
Customers must stop at the landfill office and speak with the attendant to discuss the items to be disposed of, pay any fees and receive directions to the proper drop-off locations. All loads coming to the landfill must be covered, and uncovered loads are subject to a $5 fee.
The following items can be recycled or properly disposed for free:
- Household hazardous waste.
- Lead-acid car/marine batteries. Keep batteries separated from other waste.
- Oil, used oil filters and anti-freeze is available at the landfill and several drop-off locations within the county.
- Residential recycling such as cardboard, paper, plastic and glass.
- Residential compost, lawn and garden material. Separate brush and branches.
For a nominal fee, the following items can be recycled or properly disposed of:
- Demolition materials.
- Large appliances.
- Tires with or without rims.
- Scrap metals.
The full fee schedule is available at www.crowwing.us/727/Fee-Schedule.