Cass County youth to show progress at Cass County Fair
4-H showcases include a fashion revue, pet show, horse showcase, hybrid poultry and more
PINE RIVER — Throughout Minnesota, 4-H educators, youth and community supporters are working together to prepare for a new year of summer showcase events, including the Cass County 4-H Showcase at the Cass County Fair in Pine River.
From Tuesday-Sunday, June 21-26, Cass County 4-H youth will share their skills and accomplishments with project judges and the community in showcase events encompassing a variety of project areas. They include Animal Sciences, Expressive Arts and Communication, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Gardening and Agriculture, Family and Consumer Sciences, Outdoor Adventures, Healthy Living, Civic Engagement and Leadership, Environmental and Earth Sciences, and more.
Jennifer A. Skuza, Extension Center for Youth Development associate dean and state 4-H director, said in a news release: “4-H’s priority is to provide learning and leadership experiences that guide youth in building relationships, developing communication techniques and strengthening organizational skills.”
The 4-H Showcase is a way for the community to acknowledge the youth’s accomplishments in learning and leading over the past year.
The showcases at the fairgrounds in Pine River will include:
Tuesday, June 21
- 2-3 p.m.: Fashion Revue in the 4-H Building.
- 3-7 p.m.: Static judging and demonstrations in the 4-H Building.
- 7-8 p.m.: Pet show in the 4-H Building.
Wednesday, June 22
- 10 a.m.: Horse showcase at the horse arena.
Thursday, June 23
- 1 p.m.: Hybrid poultry showcase (no live birds) in the open air arena.
- 5 p.m.: Rabbit showcase in the open air arena.
Friday, June 24
- 9 a.m.: General livestock showcase in the open air arena.
Sunday, June 26
- 2 p.m.: 4-H awards ceremony at the Don Smith Arena.