Candidates trickle in with incumbents, newcomers filing in Cass, Crow Wing counties
No more area political races emerge on third day of filings
Two incumbent Pine River-Backus School Board members and the incumbent Nisswa mayor will seek a return to office after filing Thursday, Aug. 4, along with an appointed Pequot Lakes City Council member, a longtime Lake Shore City Council and former mayor, and a newcomer in Backus.
The candidate filing period for city council/mayor, school board and township seats remains open through 5 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 16. The general election is Tuesday, Nov. 8.
Following is a list of area candidates who had filed for office as of 5 p.m. Thursday, according to the Minnesota Secretary of State's website.
Pine River-Backus School Board
- Four four-year school board terms: Wanda Carlson (incumbent), Ryan Trumble (incumbent).
- Two four-year city council terms: Dan Ronning (appointed council member).
- Two-year mayor term: Angel Zierden.
- One two-year city council term: Steve Jensen.
- Two-year mayor term: Carla Bainbridge, Dave Nevin (incumbent).
- Two four-year city council terms: Jayme A. Knapp.
- Two-year mayor term: John Ryan (incumbent).
- Two four-year city council terms: Jesse Zahn (appointed council member), Mark Froehle (appointed council member).
- Two four-year city council terms: John Terwilliger (incumbent).
- Two four-year city council terms: Barb Sherlock.
East Gull Lake
- Two four-year city council terms: James Ritter.
- Two-year mayor term: Roger (Buddy) Lund.
- Two four-year city council terms: Bill Spiess, Dave Johnson, Gregory Koch.
Area Crow Wing County townships
- Gail Lake Township: David C. Bramman, supervisor seat 2. Donald L. Lohse, supervisor seat 3. Catherine Erickson, town clerk.
- Jenkins Township: James Olsen, town clerk.
- Little Pine: Norman Hawley, town supervisor seat B. Nan Hawley, town treasurer.
Area Cass County townships
- Birch Lake: John Freeman, town supervisor seat 2. Nicholas Daigle and Tony Peterson, town supervisor seat 3.
Visit www.pineandlakes.com Friday, Aug. 5, for an update on area candidate filings.