Halloween happenings Oct. 29, 2015
o Supervalu Halloween Party: The Pequot Lakes Supervalu - as well as Cub Foods of Brainerd and Baxter - will host its annual Halloween Party from 4-6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 29. Kids can play games inside the stores and earn "lots of free treats."...
• Supervalu Halloween Party: The Pequot Lakes Supervalu - as well as Cub Foods of Brainerd and Baxter - will host its annual Halloween Party from 4-6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 29. Kids can play games inside the stores and earn "lots of free treats."
• Haunted Dorms: Breezy Point North Stars will host Haunted Dorms from 6-9 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 29, at the Breezy Point Ice Arena. Cost is $5. There will be a non-scary side where candy will be handed out and a scary side. There will be games and refreshments in the cafeteria.
• Good Samaritan Society, Pine River: Candy handout from 3:30-5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 30. The theme is "Once Upon a Time" story characters.
• Family Time Games Costume Contest: Family Time Games, in Nisswa's Northland Center, will host a costume contest on Friday, Oct. 30, complete with prizes.
• Nisswa American Legion: The annual Children's Halloween Party will run from 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, in the basement at the Legion.
• Halloween FunFest: The Eagles 4-H Club of Pequot Lakes will host its second annual 4-H Halloween FunFest fundraiser for the Lakes Area Food Shelf from 4-7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, at the Trailside Center at Pequot Lakes Baptist Church. For a $1 donation, children will play games and have safe, secure, indoor fun on Halloween. Suggested age is 12 and under and children must be accompanied by an adult. All proceeds will be donated to the Lakes Area Food Shelf.
• Crosslake Lutheran Church Trunk & Treat: 5-7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, Crosslake Lutheran Church. Children will "trunk & treat' at vehicles decorated in the parking lot and then go into the fellowship hall for Halloween games. Food will be available.
• Mildred Bible Chapel: The church will host its annual Autumn Carnival & Costume Party from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, featuring games, face painting, ice cream, candy, popcorn and more. The church is four miles north of Pine River on Highway 371.
• "Team" Trixie's Halloween birthday bash: 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, at Christ Community Church in Nisswa. This family event will include games, food, prizes and candy.
• Haunted Village at the Crosslake Historic Log Village: This family-friendly theatrical production will be open from dark until 10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31. Tickets are $12 for adults and $7 for children 16 and younger. Group rates are available by request by calling 218-839-2514.
• Haunted Hidden Hollows-The Carnival: 7-10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 30-31, at Paul Bunyan Land, Brainerd. This haunted attraction features a haunted house, corn maze and hayride.
• Corn Maze at St. Mathias: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, at The Farm on St. Mathias, Brainerd. In addition to a seven-acre corn maze and a hayride, there are slides, bridges and a scavenger hunt, and a kiddie corn maze for smaller children that includes winding trails with no dead ends and a reading nook with tables, chairs and a sun umbrella. Cost is $9 for adults, $6 for children ages 3-11 and free for ages 2 and under.