The lakes area offers the following upcoming Halloween events: o Haunted Trail: The Northland Arboretum's 11th annual Haunted Trail will be from 7-9 p.m. Thursday and Friday, Oct. 16 and 17, at the arboretum in Brainerd. Cost is $5 per person to ...
The lakes area offers the following upcoming Halloween events:
• Haunted Trail: The Northland Arboretum's 11th annual Haunted Trail will be from 7-9 p.m. Thursday and Friday, Oct. 16 and 17, at the arboretum in Brainerd.
Cost is $5 per person to walk the Haunted Trail. Young children should be accompanied by an adult. Glow sticks will be available for $1 each. No flashlights will be allowed. There will be a bonfire and cider.
The Haunted Trail is put on by volunteers of the arboretum. All proceeds benefit the arboretum.
Canned goods will be accepted for the local food shelf.
For more information, call 218-829-8770.
• Backus American Legion: The Backus American Legion and Auxiliary will sponsor a free children's party for goblins under age 12 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18.
There will be pumpkin picture coloring, a costume style show, fish pond, ring toss and bean bag throw with prizes for each. Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes in separate age categories.
There will also be a complimentary lunch. Bring the children in their costumes. All other items will be provided. There is no charge for the party.
• Wolf: Action Entertainment and Brainerd Community Action present Wolf-Four Days of Terror from 7-9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18; Friday-Saturday, Oct. 24-25; and Friday, Oct. 31, at the Northland Arboretum in Brainerd.
Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children. Group rates are available. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
For advanced tickets or more information, call 218-829-5278.
• Crosslake Spooktacular Kids Halloween Party: The 15th annual children's Spooktacular Halloween Party will run from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25, at the Crosslake Community Center, after the annual Monster Dash 5K and children's Spirit Sprint that morning.
This children's Halloween party is sponsored by the local Lions Club, Reed's Market and Dr. Linda Lewis. There will be games, prizes and candy.
• Nisswa American Legion: The Nisswa American Legion Billie Brown Post 627 will host its annual Children's Halloween Party from 1-3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 26, at the Legion.
All children age 12 and younger are invited to attend. All ghosts and goblins should dress in their favorite Halloween costumes and come to enjoy the decorations, games, prizes and treats. Children will be able to make an ice cream sundae.
• Pequot Lakes American Legion: The Pequot Lakes American Legion will give out Halloween goodie bags from 4 p.m. until gone Friday, Oct. 31, to children 10 and younger.
Pick up will be at side door of the Legion. Look for signs.
• Good Samaritan Society, Pine River: Good Samaritan Society in Pine River will host a "We're Off to See the Wizard" Halloween candy handout from 3-5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31.
There will be a drawing for best costume in "The Wizard of Oz" theme, and there will be lots of candy.
• Pine River Haunted House: The Pine River Library's annual Halloween Fundraiser Haunted House will run from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 31 and Nov. 1, behind the library at 209 Park Ave.
Entry fee is $4, or $3 if wearing a costume.
• Crosslake Lutheran Church: The church's annual Trunk & Treat will take place from 6-8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31.