The Crow Wing County Land Services department is available to help with a variety of needs from vitals to recording to permitting and more. Many services are available online and at the customer service counter.
The following services can be completed online, by phone, by mail, at the counter or by using the drop box located in front of the Land Services building in Brainerd:
- Land use permits: These can be applied and paid for online at https://enviropermits.crowwing.us/ Questions on this process or the application process can be directed to 218-824-1010.
- Homestead applications: These are available online to print and fill out. They will need to be mailed to the county office at the address below.
- E-recording of documents: These can be filed online through the Crow Wing County website.
- Vitals: Birth, death and marriage certificate applications are available online and can be mailed to the office for completion at the address below.
- Marriage licenses: These can be applied for online at https://moms.mn.gov/application/ and within 90 days applicants will need to come into the office to pay the fee and sign the application.
- Tax payments: Taxpayers who do not have their tax payments escrowed and paid through their mortgage company have a variety of payment options:
- Online via debit or credit card. Log onto the county website at www.crowwing.us, click on “How Do I," and under “Pay” select “Property Tax." Applicants will need their eight-digit parcel identification number for each parcel paid. There is a 2.35% fee assessed for all card payments.
- By mail via check or money order sent to 322 Laurel St., Suite 15, Brainerd, MN 56401. Tax payments sent by mail must be postmarked no later than Saturday, May 15, to avoid late penalties. Taxpayers are advised to drop their payment in the mail at least three days before the May 15 deadline.
- Drop box located outside the Land Services building.
- Customer service counter: The Land Services office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday for all services.
- Delinquent taxes: Call the office at 218-824-1010 before paying online, mailing or dropping off payment for current balance due.
Contact the Land Services Department with any questions by calling 218-824-1010; emailing email@example.com; mailing to Crow Wing County Land Services, 322 Laurel St., Suite 15, Brainerd, MN 56401; or visiting www.crowwing.us