Fifty Lakes: Rezoning request approved
Following recommendations of the planning commission, the Fifty Lakes City Council approved a request to rezone four acres of one 68-acre tract from agricultural to rural residential based on 12 findings of fact, according to unapproved draft minutes of the May 7 meeting.
The property is at 17129 Buchite Road, partially within the shoreland area of Grass Lake.
The area is to be subdivided and developed with a single-family residential dwelling. The four acres being rezoned are not within the portion of the property in shoreland area. The planning and zoning commission found that rezoning was consistent with the comprehensive plan.
In other business, the council:
• Approved purchase of a $500 gift card for the Fifty Lakes Day Committee to purchase supplies for the event.
• Approved renewal of the Golden Eagle Golf Properties LLP liquor license for one year.
• Hired Sunni Johnson as part-time bartender.
• Approved a proposal from Illinois Insurance for Dram Insurance for $2,766.
• Declared an end to Diana Johnson's probationary period as liquor manager.
• Approved full-time employee insurance benefits with 80% paid for by employer and 20% paid for by employee, effective May 1.
• Accepted a donation of $1,000 from the Fifty Lakes Fire Relief Association for the express purpose of purchasing tables for the community center.