ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Fifty Lakes: Council accepts Buchite's retirement, discusses liquor store matters

The Fifty Lakes City Council formally acknowledged the retirement of Toni Buchite, liquor store manager, at its Tuesday, May 9, council meeting and discussed several other liquor store matters, according to unapproved draft meeting minutes.

3394915+0602_pl-buchite-retire.jpg
Toni Buchite retired March 31 after serving as liquor manager in Fifty Lakes for 32 years. Submitted Photo

The Fifty Lakes City Council formally acknowledged the retirement of Toni Buchite, liquor store manager, at its Tuesday, May 9, council meeting and discussed several other liquor store matters, according to unapproved draft meeting minutes.

After 37 years with the city of Fifty Lakes, Buchite retired at the end of March, and Steve Maeger took her place as liquor manager.

---   ---   ---   ---   ---

Liquor manager calls it quits: Toni Buchite retires after 37 years with city of Fifty Lakes

Read this article: Click here.

ADVERTISEMENT

---   ---   ---   ---   ---

The council removed Buchite as an authorizing signatory power for the city's ATM and lottery accounts and added Maeger.

Liquor store employee Taylor Johnson's resignation was also approved at the meeting, and the council hired Mike Potter and Cinda Glendening-Johnston.

The council then reviewed the liquor store's commercial service and maintenance contract from SCR, which it approved at a cost of $2,130. The Fifty Lakes Bar and Bottle Shop will pay $990 for refrigeration equipment and split the rest of the cost - for new HVAC equipment - with the city. The bar will pay 65 percent of the remaining cost, while the city will pay 35 percent.

Lastly in regard to the liquor store, the council accepted a dram insurance quote from Illinois Casualty for $3,718, with funds to be paid from the liquor store account.

In other business May 9, the council:

• Adopted a floodplain regulations ordinance.

• Discussed a request from Rocky and Barbara King to vacate a portion of Northland Drive. A public hearing on the matter will take place at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 13.

ADVERTISEMENT

• Allowed GoNorth event banners to be placed on the group's property and waived the permit fee for placement.

• Decided to hire either a licensed or registered contractor to perform maintenance updates on the fire hall building. The council directed Fire Chief Andy Hemphill to find a contractor.

• Accepted a bid of $57,382.63 from Anderson Brothers for repairs to Peninsula Road. The council requested that no construction take place during the week of July 4.

• Voted to install a porta-potty near the community center and park are from May 15 - Sept. 15.

• Allowed the Fifty Lakes Day committee to buy four tents, with costs not to exceed $800.

Related Topics: FIFTY LAKES
Theresa Bourke started working at the Dispatch in July 2018, covering Brainerd city government and area education, including Brainerd Public Schools and Central Lakes College.
What To Read Next
Inmates in-custody in the Todd County jail in Long Prairie, Minnesota
Inmates in-custody in the Wadena County jail in Wadena, Minnesota
25 Pine River-Backus students are participating in this year's program
Inmates in-custody in the Aitkin County jail in Aitkin, Minnesota