Sixty-five students enrolled in one of 40 high-demand programs at Minnesota State Community and Technical College have been awarded $2,500 scholarships for the 2021-22 academic year, thanks to the Minnesota Legislature's support for the Workforce Development Scholarship program.
WDS scholarships, which can be renewed a second year for a total award of $5,000, target students pursuing careers in the fields of advanced manufacturing, agriculture, early childhood education, health care services, information technology and transportation. M State awards this academic year totaled more than $162,000.
Eligible programs are located on all four of M State's campuses in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Wadena.
The scholarship covers about half the cost of annual tuition and fees. To be considered for the scholarship, students need only apply to M State in one of the qualified programs and complete the FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid).
For more information and a complete list of eligible M State programs, visit www.minnesota.edu/wdscholarships.
Hometown, Name, Program
- Simon Benning, Heating, Ventilation, AC & Refrig-Diploma
- Tucker Dorman, Electrical Line Worker Technology-AAS
- Ean Hunter, Electrical Technology: Electrician-Diploma
- Conner Dobson, Electrical Line Worker Technology-AAS
- Harley Gummert, Electrical Line Worker-Diploma
- Nathaniel Klisch, Electrical Line Worker Technology-AAS
- Alexander Giza, Electrical Line Worker Technology-AAS