The Pequot Lakes Fire Department is sponsoring a fire prevention poster contest that is open to kindergarten through fifth grade students who live in the Pequot Lakes Fire Department service area.
The fire department will award first, second and third place prizes for each grade. Winners will have their poster submitted to the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association, which will select winners to be featured on the cover of the association's Spring 2021 issue of the MSFCA Magazine.
Poster contest rules:
- Posters must be on white construction paper.
- Posters must be received at the Pequot Lakes Fire Department, 4638 Main St., by Monday, Nov. 30.
- Minimum size is 11 inches by 17 inches; maximum size is 12 inches by 18 inches.
- All work must be original.
- Poster must clearly state the National Fire Protection Association Fire Prevention Week theme: Serve up fire safety in the kitchen.
The back of the poster must include the following information:
- Artist's name, grade, age, school name.
- Parent/guardian name, address, phone number, email address.
The Pequot Lakes Fire Department will announce winners Monday, Dec. 14. Any questions should be directed to Fire Chief Tom Nelson at email@example.com.