MANKATO - Minnesota State University, Mankato awarded 2,367 degrees to 2,294 students at the end of the spring 2020 semester, with this spring's graduates celebrated through a special website that launched Saturday, May 9, the day on which the University's three traditional graduation ceremonies were scheduled - but cancelled - because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Each graduate also received personalized URL video messages by email on May 9, and "commencement-in-a-box" packages were shipped to each graduate the week before graduation.
Undergraduate students receiving recognition included 183 students graduating summa cum laude (3.8 grade point average and higher), 254 students graduating magna cum laude (minimum grade point average of 3.5 for students admitted before fall 2015; minimum grade point average of 3.6 for students admitted fall 2015 or later) and 258 students graduating cum laude (minimum grade point average of 3.3 for students admitted before fall 2015; minimum grade point average of 3.4 for students admitted fall 2015 or later).
More information about the Minnesota State Mankato spring 2020 commencement is available at http://mnsu.edu/mavgrad2020.
—- —- —- —- —-
Hometown, Name, Degree, Major (if listed), Honor (if listed)
- Tory Miller, BS, Construction Management
- Tyler Birkholz, BSME, Mechanical Engineering
- Kaia Forde, BFA, Art, Cum Laude
- Chelsea Lipski, MS, Teaching & Learning
- Hannah Maloney, BA, Art History
- Cody Robak, BS, Sport Management
- Randy Wikman, BS, Marketing
- Katrina Wood, BS, Applied Organizational Studies
- Ryan Junes, BS, Nursing, Summa Cum Laude
- Matthew Stangel, BS, Construction Management
- Katie Meyer, MA, Physical Education
- Mariah Hoheisel, BS, Dental Hygiene
- Ethan McCoy, BS, Management
- Thomas Johnson, MS, Educational Leadership
- Courtney Kittock, MS, Gender & Women's Studies
- Bridget Bednar, MA, Physical Education
- Megan Herold, BS, Dental Hygiene
- Joshua Schuck, BS, Construction Management
- Julia Fink, BS, Dental Hygiene, Cum Laude
- Brooke Jackson, BA, Film and Media Studies