Pre-registration is required for all community education classes. Those interested should contact Pequot Lakes Community Education at 218-568-9200 or register online at www.isd186.org and click on “Community Education.”
• Beginning guitar - youth and adults: 3:30-5:30 p.m. dates vary, Pequot Lakes High School band room. Fee: $160 per session.
Instructor Jim Olsen will host six one-on-one 30 minute lessons. Jim is an experienced guitar instructor at Central Lakes College and a performer. Students must call Pequot Lakes Community Education to register for a time slot.
- Session 1. Tuesdays, Jan. 7-Feb. 11
- Session 2. Tuesdays, Feb. 25-April 7 (no class March 10)
• Social dance lessons age 16 and up: 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays, Jan 7- Feb. 25, at Pequot Lakes High School Cafeteria. Fee: $35.
Students can attend this to learn social dance. This is a class for those who want to learn basic dance steps necessary to have fun on the dance floor. All these dances can be applied at a wedding, date night, a school dance or anywhere with a dance floor. Class will teach line dances, east coast swing and the lindy hop swing. Come alone or with a partner. No experience is necessary.
• Diy workshops hosted by J’s Woodworking: Dates and times vary, at J’s Woodworking. Fee: varies.
Each workshop will give hands on instruction to create, assemble, stain and finish a woodworking project. Basic hand and power tools will be used with instructor guidance. All supplies are provided through class fees.
Students who make extra projects will be responsible for extra material fees. No refunds are available if enrollment is cancelled less than one week prior to class.
- Kids sensory table: Saturday, Jan. 11, 10 a.m.-noon; Fee: $78
- Wine Rack; Saturday, Jan. 11, 6-8 p.m., Fee: $54.
• Beginning crochet: Mondays, January 13 and 20 times vary, location varies.
In this class students will learn the basics of crocheting which include: chain stitch, single crochet stitch, double crochet stitch, half double crochet stitch, treble crochet stitch, increasing, decreasing and reading a pattern. Students will pick from dishcloth options or a scarf. This is a two day class either during the daytime or evening.
Students should bring 1 skein worsted weight (medium) yarn and size H (5.00mm) crochet hook.
- Daytime classes from 9:30 a.m.-noon at Pequot Lakes Baptist Church.
- Evening classes 6-8:30 p.m. at Pequot Lakes High School.