The Pine River-Backus School Board and many members of our learning community spent this past spring and summer developing a new strategic plan for the district.
Parents, staff members, community members, administration and the school board went through a rigorous process of determining who we are and who we want our students to be. It was an invigorating process and we are excited about the work we are doing and the work to be done.
The board has set the bar high, as it should, so that students at PR-B are “choice ready” when they graduate. It is without question that the challenge has been placed and we will be successful in developing the leaders of today and tomorrow.
The mission of the Pine River-Backus Public Schools is: To Teach and Inspire students to Grow, Excel, Reach and Succeed in partnership with our learning community.
The vision of the Pine River-Backus Public Schools is: To be a “destination district” focused on shaping the leaders of tomorrow through independence, creativity and growth.
- That a collaborative partnership with the home, school and the community will inspire students to become productive and respectful members of society.
- That positive relationships are the foundation of a successful Pine River-Backus School District.
- In providing the highest quality education with the available resources.
- In building community trust and confidence.
- In teaching students to be problem solvers, self-sufficient, critical thinkers and lifelong learners.
- In providing a physically and emotionally safe, secure and collaborative environment.
- In continuous professional support to ensure maximum student growth and success.
We have also established goals and objectives in six focus areas: student achievement, student support, workforce, communication and marketing, academic program, and facilities. Over the next few weeks, months and years we will work tirelessly toward these goals and assess our growth.
We believe that we have the right people to do the right work and accomplish all that is presented in this plan. It is an exciting time to be a Tiger. Proud to be PR-B!