Pequot Lakes Community Education classes listed
Pequot Lakes Community Education offers the following upcoming classes. Register online at www.isd186.org by clicking on community education or call 218-568-9200.
• Beginner Sushi: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 14, at Pequot Lakes High School. Fee: $40.
Join chef Kara Super-Peterson to learn all about sushi. Students will learn the steps that are important in making a proper sushi roll. Students will make and eat a variety of rolls: sushi rice, nori, inside out roll, basic roll and spicy crab along with some dipping sauces.
• Advanced Sushi: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 15, at Pequot Lakes High School. Fee: $40.
Students who have already attended chef Kara Super-Peterson's beginner class will learn more advanced dishes and techniques, including an inside-out dragon roll topped with tobiko (roe) and crunchy salmon roll (raw salmon), along with two different sauces.
• Ice Skating: Sundays, Jan. 13-March 24, at Breezy Point Ice Arena.
Breezy Point Skate School runs a certified Learn to Skate program, which is endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey and U.S. Speed Skating. Skating lessons for people of all ages and abilities are designed to develop skating skills used for figure skating, hockey and recreational skating.
• Essential Oils for the Family (make and take): 6-7:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 21, at Pequot Lakes High School. Fee: $32 including all supplies.
Join instructor Missy Trees to learn how to use therapeutic grade essential oils to get your family up and moving in the morning, wind down at night and keep your family healthy. This class will go over the basics of how to use oils safely and effectively, and will provide tips to keep in your "toolbox" for natural remedies.
Participants will make a household cleaner, "stuffy stick" and vapor rub.
• Financial Workshop - Protect Yourself Against Identity Theft: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at 30968 S. Washington Ave. in Pequot Lakes. Fee: Free.
Lillie Pearo, financial adviser with Stroot, Schumer and Associates, a private wealth advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., will host and present this no-cost seminar with lunch provided.
Learn about common ways your personal information can be compromised, steps you can take to protect your personal information and what to do if you are a victim of identity theft.