Crow Wing County Landfill moves to summer hours
Beginning Wednesday, April 1, the Crow Wing County Landfill moved to its summer hours of operation.
The landfill will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. During these expanded hours the landfill is open to accept household garbage, fiberglass boats, mattresses, furniture, mobile homes and other items for proper disposal.
Due to COVID-19 and to ensure everyone’s safety, all customers bringing material to the landfill for disposal must remain in their vehicles. Landfill staff will come out of the main office to assist customers if needed.
Customers using the landfill must stop at the landfill office and speak with the attendant to discuss the items to be disposed, pay any fees and receive directions to the proper drop-off locations. All loads coming to the landfill must be covered, and uncovered loads are subject to a $5 fee.
The following items can be properly disposed in the landfill for free or a nominal fee depending upon the items:
- Free recycling of lead-acid car/marine batteries.
- Recycling of used oil filters, motor oil and anti-freeze is available for a fee at the landfill and several drop-off locations within the County. Visit the website for drop-off locations: www.crowwing.us and search “oil.”
- Free compost of lawn and garden material (separate brush and branches).
- Demolition materials may be disposed in the demolition landfill for a fee.
- Large appliances, electronics, tires with or without rims, scrap metals, glass and plastic can be disposed for a nominal fee for recycling.
For the full fee schedule, visit www.crowwing.us/727/Fee-Schedule.
The Crow Wing County Landfill is located at 15732 State Highway 210 just east of Brainerd.
For more information, contact the Solid Waste Office at 218-824-1290 or visit http://www.crowwing.us and search for “Solid Waste."