Crow Wing County Landfill lists winter hours
New hours began at beginning of November
The Crow Wing County Landfill's winter hours of operation are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Summer hours will resume in April 2022.
Due to COVID-19 and to ensure everyone’s safety, all customers bringing material to the landfill for disposal must remain in their vehicles. Landfill staff will come out of the main office to assist customers if needed.
Customers must stop at the landfill office and speak with the attendant to discuss the items to be disposed, pay any fees and receive directions to the proper dropoff locations. All loads coming to the landfill must be covered; uncovered loads are subject to a $5 fee.
The following items can be properly disposed of in the landfill for free or a nominal fee:
- Free recycling of lead-acid car/marine batteries.
- Recycling of used oil filters (50 cents each), motor oil (free) and anti-freeze ($1 per gallon) is available at the landfill and several dropoff locations throughout the county. Visit the county webpage for dropoff locations at Recycling | Crow Wing County, MN - Official Website.
- Free compost of lawn and garden material for residents. Separate brush and branches.
- Demolition materials may be disposed in the demolition landfill for a fee.
- Large appliances, electronics, tires with or without rims, scrap metals, glass and plastic can be disposed for a nominal fee for recycling.
For the full fee schedule, visit www.crowwing.us/727/Fee-Schedule
Citizens are encouraged to contact the Solid Waste Office at 218-824-1010 or visit the Crow Wing County website at http://www.crowwing.us and search “Solid Waste” for more information.