Crow Wing County highlights importance of advance care planning
Crow Wing County is joining a massive effort to highlight the importance of advance care planning to support end-of-life wishes. This effort has culminated in the formal designation of April 16 as National Healthcare Decisions Day.
The following community offerings, which support National Healthcare Decisions Day, are canceled to remain in line with the current guidelines for sheltering in place due to the coronavirus and will be rescheduled at a later date:
- Crow Wing Energized fifth annual “Got Plans” conference originally slated for Friday, April 17, at the Lutheran Church of the Cross in Nisswa.
- Cuyuna Regional Medical Center “End-of-Life Decisions Discussion” originally slated for Thursday, April 16.
The following regional health care providers have facilitators available to discuss health care directives:
- Cuyuna Regional Medical Center: Debra Bergsnev and Mary Novotny, 218-546-7000, extension 4222, or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
- Essentia Health: Peggy Holtz, 218-828-7531 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- St. Croix Hospice: Nita Loken, 218-866-2743 or email@example.com .
People can also print their own copies of a health care directive at https://bit.ly/3aT6GZY . For more information about National Healthcare Decision Day, visit www.nhdd.org .