The Crow Wing County Highway Department has scheduled about $11 million worth of roadway improvements for 2019.
The starting date for the projects is dictated by weather conditions and contractor schedules. A brief summary, by category, is listed below and includes county highways, county roads and improvements to Unorganized Territory town roads in the First Assessment District.
Resurfacing/rehabilitation will occur on:
• County Highway 8, from County Highway 12 to 3 miles south,
• County Highway 10, south and west of Highway 18,
• County Highway 22, from Highway 25 to County Highway 8,
• County Highway 26, from County Highway 8 to Highway 169.
The same work will be performed on:
• County Road 136, from County Highway 1 to north county line,
• County Road 147, from Highway 210 to the county landfill,
• County Road 148, from Highway 25 to County Highway 23,
• First Assessment District 316 (Gould Grey Road), from Johnson Road to Bernard Road,
• First Assessment District 341 (Bernard Road), from Gould Grey Road to north end,
• First Assessment District 415 (Johnson Road), from Highway 371 to north end.
Other projects include:
• County Highway 11 culvert lining, Highway 6 to east county line,
• County Highway 13/County Highway 77/Highway 371 intersection improvements,
• Annual pavement markings and seal-coat program,
• Tree clearing on county highways 13 and 36.
Visit www.crowwing.us or call the highway department at 218-824-1110 for more information.