Weather Forecast


Examiner's office rules carbon monoxide poisoning in fish-house death

WALKER—The 21-year-old Bemidji man found unresponsive Feb. 25 in a fish house on Leech Lake died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, the Cass County Sheriff's Office reported.

The ruling on the death of Samuel Schooley came from the Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office.

The sheriff's office received a report at 8:52 a.m. Feb. 25 of an unresponsive man in a fish house on Leech Lake in Walker. Deputies responded, and the man was taken to a hospital in Park Rapids, where he was pronounced dead.