Breezy Point Area Women's Club lists 2018 schedule
The Breezy Point Area Women's Club, created on Oct. 30, 1972, as a charitable and social organization, shares its 2018 club activity information and program schedule.
Regular club meetings are held at 11:30 a.m. on the first Wednesday of each month, unless otherwise announced. Annual membership dues are $20.
Member activities funded by dues and fundraisers include organizing and maintaining donated books at the city hall library, planting and maintaining garden areas on city hall grounds, visiting "adopted" care center residents throughout the year, and donating money and items to the Lakes Area Food Shelf.
The club also gives two $600-$800 scholarships to non-traditional female students attending Central Lakes College.
The meeting schedule for 2018 is as follows:
• Feb. 7: Lunch at Lucky's Tavern in Pequot Lakes. Social only, no program.
• March 7: Lunch at Hungry Loon in Pequot Lakes. Social only, no program.
• April 4: Interfaith Caregivers with Ann Silgen at Billy's in Breezy Point.
• May 2: Life in the Circus with Sarah Chapman at Breezy Point City Hall. Catered by Maucieri's.
• June 6: Tai Chi for Healthy Living with Julie Guth at the Pelican Lakes Conservation Club in Breezy Point. Catered by Lakes Latte.
• July 11: Homeless and Wounded Warriors MN with Steve Eisenreich at Marina II at Breezy Point Resort.
• Aug. 1: Tour of a Fairy Garden at Coralee Fox's home. Box lunch at Breezy Point City Hall catered by Valeri Ann Diller.
• Sept. 5: Midwives for Haiti with Lisa Slepica at Billy's in Breezy Point.
• Oct. 3: Bridges of Hope with Andrea Martin at Palmer's Grill in Breezy Point.
• Nov. 7: Craft for Care Centers at Pelican Lakes Conservation Club in Breezy Point.
• Dec. 5: Annual Christmas party and silent auction. Venue to be announced.
For more information about these meetings, call program chairs Bonnie (612-298-4315) or Sue (651-462-3080). Membership is open to all women of the area, and guests are welcome at all meetings and social events. Anyone who wants to attend a meeting should call one of the program chairs.