PR-B Family Center lists offerings
Pine River-Backus Family Center offers the following services:
• Pine River Area Food Shelf: Emergency food shelf hours are 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, and 3:30-6 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month (Sept. 12).
• Soups & Sweets: Planning is underway for the fifth annual Soups & Sweets event to raise money for the Pine River Area Food Shelf. The fundraiser is scheduled for Sunday, Oct. 22, at the Pine River American Legion.
Donations are being sought for the silent auction. Call the family center at 218-587-4292 to help.
• Love and Logic parenting classes: Six sessions will be offered from 5:30-7 p.m. Thursdays, starting Sept. 21, at the family center. Childcare is available upon request. Call the family center at 218-587-4292 to sign up or for questions.
• Home Visiting Program: Has immediate openings for expectant mothers who would like additional support with their pregnancy and parenting their child until 3 years of age. Free prenatal gift bags are available to women who are expecting a baby and who live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
• NAPS: Pick up is from 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 12.
• WIC: Will be here Sept. 6 and 7.
• Family Planning: Will be at the family center Sept. 5. Call 877-275-6123 to schedule an appointment.
• Child & Teen Check-Up: Will be here Sept. 28 and 29. Appointments are available; call Karen at 218-587-4292 to schedule an appointment.
• MNsure Navigator: Call 218-587-4292 for information or to set up an appointment.
Family center office hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays, and 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Fridays. The family center will be closed Monday, Sept. 4, in observance of Labor Day.