Seven to vie for Miss Pine River title April 1
The 38th annual Miss Pine River Scholarship Pageant will be at 7 p.m. Saturday, April 1, in the Pine River-Backus High School gym with seven girls seeking the title.
Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. The theme is "Fairytale Evening." Contestants are:
• Brianna Adkins, junior, the daughter of Kyle and Lori Adkins.
• Avery Cunningham, senior, the daughter of Christopher and Karla Cunningham.
• Sydney Davidson, junior, the daughter of Emily LeBlanc and James Davidson.
• Veronica Hulke, junior, the daughter of Katherine and LeRoy Hulke.
• Tara Huston, junior, the daughter of Lindsey Huston.
• Briana Siltman, junior, the daughter of Danyel and Danny Soukup.
• Emma Mills, junior, the daughter of Pam and Dennis Mills.
Contestants will have personal interviews Saturday afternoon, April 1, and at the pageant they will be judged in business casualwear, talent and evening gown.
Miss Pine River will receive a $1,000 scholarship; first princess will receive a $500 scholarship; second princess will receive a $400 scholarship; and Miss Congeniality will receive a $100 scholarship.
Current royalty includes Miss Pine River Rachel Burns, who also is Miss Congeniality; First Princess Shelby Adkins; and Second Princess Sam Maurer.
Pageant chair is Barb Klocke. The Pine River Chamber of Commerce sponsors the annual pageant.