Eight to seek Miss Pine River title April 9
The 37th annual Miss Pine River Scholarship Pageant will be at 7 p.m. Saturday, April 9, in the Pine River-Backus High School gym with eight girls seeking the title.
Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. The theme is "The Roaring '20s." Junior and senior contestants are:
• Shelby Adkins, the daughter of Kevin and Nikki Adkins.
• Rachel Burns, the daughter of Ron and Melanie Burns.
• Katey Hanson, the daughter of Mary Hanson.
• Alicyn Kordiak, the daughter of Julie and David Charpentier.
• Sam Maurer, the daughter of Ken and Merry Maurer.
• Angela Pederson, the daughter of Donald and Jean Pederson.
• Courtni Peterson, the daughter of Brenda and Jerry Peterson.
• Rebecca Weber, the daughter of Jody Weber and the late Michael Weber and John Tuchtenhagen.
Contestants will have personal interviews Saturday afternoon, April 9, and at the pageant they will be judged in business casualwear, talent and evening gown.
Miss Pine River will receive a $1,000 scholarship; first princess will receive a $500 scholarship; second princess will receive a $400 scholarship; and Miss Congeniality will receive a $100 scholarship.
Current royalty includes Miss Pine River Sky Kukuk, First Princess Taina Williams, Second Princess Stephanie DeGrote and Miss Congeniality Catherine Stagnaro.
Pageant chair is Barb Klocke. The Pine River Chamber of Commerce sponsors the annual pageant.