PR-B Family Center lists July events
Center to be closed July 5.
The Pine River-Backus Family Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. The family center will be closed Monday, July 5, for the Fourth of July holiday.
At this time the family center is serving one person at a time and masks are required. Calls in advance are appreciated.
Following are July offerings:
- Pine River Area Food Shelf: The food shelf is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, but 3:30-6 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month (July 13).
- Pine River-Backus CommUnity Meals: Free weekly meals are served Mondays at Riverview Church in Pine River and Tuesdays at the Backus Pine Mountaineer Senior Center. Serving time is 4 p.m. until gone. For more information or to volunteer, call 218-587-4292
- Donation cans: There are donation cans at various local businesses to make it easier to donate to the Pine River Area Food Shelf.
- Home Visiting Program: This is a free program through the Pine River-Backus Family Center. Home visiting begins prenatally or before children are 3 months old and continues through their 3rd birthday. Weekly home visits are filled with fun activities and information about a child’s development. From charting their first milestones, to identifying qualities and characteristics parents want in their child, the family support specialist will help parents pick out what is important and create ways to instill those same values in children.
Free gift bags are available to all families who are expecting a baby or have a newborn and live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
- NAPS: Drive up pick up is from 1:30–3:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 13.
- WIC: Call Cass County Public Health at 218-547-6872 for an appointment.
- Family planning: Family planning is Tuesday, July 6. Call 877-275-6123 to schedule an appointment or for more information.
- Child & Teen Check-Up: Call Cass County Public Health at 218-547-6872 for information.
Donations to the Pine River-Backus Family Center are always welcome and help the center to continue to support families it serves. "Like" the family center on Facebook or visit www.prbfamilycenter.org.